Message 00065 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[spox] Current state of affairs and requests for you

Dear all,

here is some information about the current state of affairs and some
requests to (some of) you.

Our financial situation improved a bit again because one possible
sponsor decided to become a real sponsor. There are still two possible
sponsors who have not decided yet. Though the budget is still tight
and risky I still think it'll work.

Whether we move to London or not is still not finally decided. I'll
try to figure this out during the next days with top priority.

A request for accommodation in London is on its way though right now I
have no idea of its current state. Michel?

Meanwhile we lost two speakers (Stuart Langridge and Stefan Meretz)
because they have urgent personal matters durings this weekend :-( .

Next thing we need is a conference announcement. This announcement
should reflect what we will present on the conference. For this we
need your help. In case you did not do so already please enter an

		      abstract and a description

of your event in our conference planning system. Please check

	http://www.oekonux-conference.org/faq/speaker.html#what-is-the-minimum-event-information-needed

for what we need for each contribution. Please note that in some cases
I edited

	Submission of paper for proceedings
	Submission of presentation slides

for some contributions to make the system happy enough to produce a
schedule :-/ . Please check whether this still matches your plans.
Also please note that we require either a paper or the presentation
slides.

To create a schedule I also reduced durations above 1h30 to 1h30.
Please speak up if this is a problem for you.

BTW: This is a conference where discussion is given high relevance.
Thus we have relatively long slots so there is enough room for a
proper presentation and a proper discussion afterwards. However, 1h30
contains also contains a 15 minute break.

After that we can go on to create a real schedule. For this we need
your help again. Unless you already did please enter

			  your availability

in the conference planning system. In general we welcome if a speaker
is available during the whole conference and this is also the default
in the system. So in case you plan to join us during the whole
conference you don't need to do anything here. If you can not join us
during the whole time please uncheck the times when you are not
available.

Also unless you already did we require a

			  short description

of you. It should give people a bit of background about you.

Please see

	http://www.oekonux-conference.org/faq/speaker.html#what-is-the-minimum-personal-information-needed

for all the details we require from you.

In case you have trouble logging into the conference planning system
or to work with it please do not hesitate to contact me. I guess for
some of you it is a bit of a nuisance to work with this but please
understand it saves us lots of work.

PS: This time the links are correct - I triple checked ;-) .

						Grüße

						Stefan