Message 00122 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: Pre-conference meetings (was: Re: [spox] Re: Pick up for speakers)

В 20:59 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED] на 18.03.2009 (ср), Stefan Merten написа:
What we need most is a place to meet. From there we can walk to some
pre-selected restaurant or look for one. Since some speakers will be
at the Etap hotel and since the directions to the hotel are well
explained I'd suggest this as a meeting place. Say 20:00.

According to me, 20h00 is too late. I would have travelled all the
previous night and probably not slept much, which might be the case with
other people who come from far away, too.

And since we are finishing with the sessions at 16h30-17h00 that day,
why not just get out from the venue together and go for an early dinner
(18h00)?

If you have a pre-selected restaurant, you could probably add the
address to the FAQ and late comers will be able to join in.

Unless there is a better suggestion I'd put this to the visitor FAQ as
well.

The same applies to a lunch on Friday. In Universities it's normally
easy to have lunch during the week so meeting at the University place
at 11:30, have lunch and do some preparation work would probably be
nice.

Maybe at 12h00? I will be arriving at 10h30, but I don't think I will be
able to move that quick from the plane for joining you at 11h30.
Although, if it is just a modification for me, this is not really
necessary. There is the Leonardo da Vinci expo at the Art Gallery, so I
could quickly pass by to take a look instead of joining you for lunch.

All the best,

Christina

I will be arriving at 10h30 on Friday, but I don't think I will be able
to move from the plane to the university in an hour time. So, maybe if
you let us know where you will be, I could join you at about noon or
12h30.. We are anyways starting at 14h00..

http://www.oekonux-conference.org/

Message 00122 [Homepage] [Navigation]